I am a third-year Computer Science PhD student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass) working with Prof. W. Bruce Croft. I am currently a research assistant at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). My research interests include various aspects of information retrieval (IR), recommender systems, and text mining. I am currently focusing on modeling the core IR problems, e.g., query representation, document representation, and ranking, via (deep) neural networks. I regularly publish and serve as PC member in major IR venues.
During my PhD, I completed two research internships at Google (summer 2016) and Microsoft (summer 2017). Prior to UMass, I was fortunate to be advised by Prof. Azadeh Shakery as a Master student at the University of Tehran, Iran.
- ACM SIGIR Student Liaison (representing North and South America) 2017 – now
- Program Committee Member:
- WWW 2018
- WSDM 2018
- CIKM 2017
- NeuIR @ SIGIR 2017
- KG4IR @ SIGIR 2017
- LEARNER @ ICTIR 2017
- RecSysChallenge @ RecSys 2017
- JASIST 2016, 2017
- Inf. Syst. 2017
- H. Zamani, B. Mitra, X. Song, N. Craswell, S. Tiwary. “Neural Ranking Models with Multiple Document Fields”, WSDM 2018.
- H. Zamani, W. B. Croft. “Relevance-based Word Embedding”, SIGIR 2017.
- M. Dehghani, H. Zamani, A. Severyn, J. Kamps, W. B. Croft. “Neural Ranking Models with Weak Supervision”, SIGIR 2017.
- H. Zamani, M. Bendersky, X. Wang, M. Zhang. “Situational Context for Ranking in Personal Search”, WWW 2017.
- H. Zamani, J. Dadashkarimi, A. Shakery, W. B. Croft. “Pseudo-Relevance Feedback Based on Matrix Factorization”, CIKM 2016.
- H. Zamani, W. B. Croft. “Embedding-based Query Language Models”, ICTIR 2016.
- H. Zamani, W. B. Croft. “Estimating Embedding Vectors for Queries”, ICTIR 2016.
- More on the publications page.
|Oct 23, 2017||Our paper on neural ranking models for semi-structured documents has been accepted at WSDM 2018! See publication page.|
|Sep 1, 2017||Ching-Wei Chen, Markus Schedl, and I will organize the next year’s ACM Recommender Systems Challenge. Visit RecSysChallenge 2018.|
|Jul 26, 2017||I am representing North and South America as a ACM SIGIR Student Liaison.|
|May 30, 2017||Joining Microsoft to do research on deep learning for web search.|
|Apr 11, 2017||5 papers accepted at SIGIR 2017! See publication page.|
|May 31, 2016||Joining Google Research to do research on context-aware ranking for personal search.|
|Sep 16, 2015||Joining CIIR at UMass as a PhD student under supervision of Bruce Croft.|